HEALTH-SYSTEM PHARMACY TECHNICIAN OF THE YEAR AWARD
- 2017 Clara Gary
- 2015 Margarita Villarreal-Flores
The ICHP Pharmacy Technician of the Year Award is established to identify and recognize exceptional performance by a certified pharmacy technician within the State of Illinois.Award Criteria:
The candidate must:
- Be a current ICHP technician member
- Be a PTCB certified pharmacy technician for at least two years
- Demonstrate at least one of the following:
- exceptional contributions to his/her pharmacy worksite
- exceptional contributions to ICHP as a volunteer member
- exceptional contributions to the practice of pharmacy in Illinois
A call for nominations will be made in the March/April KeePosted each year. That announcement may be augmented with appropriate e-mail blasts.
The nominator must:
- Be the technician’s supervisor, colleague or co-worker. No self-nominations will be accepted.
- Provide the following information:
- Worksite name, address and telephone number.
- Technician name and year certified.
- Describe the technician’s contributions in detail.
- Provide the nomination to the ICHP office by no later than July 8th for 2016.
All nominations are reviewed by the Division of Marketing Affairs at their July conference call.
- The Division will select two finalists for consideration and present them to the ICHP Board of Directors at the July Board Meeting.
- The ICHP Board of Directors will select the award winner from the two finalists presented by the Division of Marketing Affairs.
- The Division of Marketing Affairs may recommend one of the two finalists by providing detailed discussion points to the Board of Directors.
- The Board is not required to select a recipient if no candidate seems qualified.
The Award will be presented at the ICHP Annual Meeting in September, if a technician is selected.
- The award recipient and her/his nominator will be notified immediately following his/her selection by the Board of Directors.
- The award recipient will receive a complimentary full registration to the ICHP Annual Meeting.
- The award recipient will receive a plaque to be presented at an appropriately agreed upon time during the ICHP Annual Meeting. The nominator will be invited to participate in the award ceremony.
- The award recipient may give a continuing education presentation at the technician session at the following year's ICHP Annual Meeting on a topic of their choice related to their area of practice.
To nominate someone for this award, please forward a detailed letter of recommendation identifying the specific accomplishments of the nominee with respect to each criteria above to ICHP, 4055 N Perryville Road, Loves Park, IL 61111-8653, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org