ABOUT THE NEW PRACTITIONERS NETWORK
The New Practitioner’s Network (NPN) of ICHP is composed of practitioners who have graduated with their first professional degree in the last 10 years and are looking to become more involved in pharmacy organizations.
Join the NPN e-board!
Responsibilities include 1 conference call every month. If interested, please contact Colleen Bohnenkamp
, NPN Chair.
The mission of the Illinois Council of Health-System Pharmacists New Practitioners Network is to foster the growth of new
pharmacists into experienced practitioners.
- Demonstrate the importance of leadership and service within the profession.
- Provide opportunities for networking and collaboration with other members of the organization.
- Create awareness of the potential role of new practitioners in legislative and professional policy advocacy.
- Improve communication and education about issues that affect new practitioners.
- Promote a healthy work-life balance.
The ICHP NPN was founded in 2003 with the intention of providing a
transitional network for new Illinois health-system pharmacists. During this time, the NPN has acted as a
facilitator to pharmacists new to the health-system practice. NPN Executive Committee Division Liaisons carry the message of the NPN to
the five standing Divisions of ICHP (Educational, Professional, Legislative, Marketing, and Organizational Affairs). In turn, the
liaisons report back to the Executive Committee about the goings-on within the Division and propose action items with which NPN-ers can
get involved. This organizational construct is modeled after ASHP's New Practitioners Forum.
>>Click here to go to the ICHP Members-Only NPN Page