Part 2: The Opioid Epidemic - Origins and SolutionsDate & Time:
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
6:00pm - 6:30pm Registration and Dinner
6:30pm - 7:15pm Part 1 Presentation (no CPE)
7:30pm - 8:30pm Part 2 Presentation (CPE)
Location:Maggiano’s Little Italy - Chicago
Amarone Room (enter off Grand Avenue)
516 N Clark Street (Clark & Grand)
Chicago, IL 60654
Parking: Valet parking available for $15
Part 1: Revolutionizing the Pharmacy Supply Chain
Trac M. Pham, BS Pharm, MS Pharm, MBA
Director, Integrated Service Center
Advocate Health Care
Part 1 is not available for CPE credit. Provided by Omnicell, Inc.
Part 2: The Opioid Epidemic - Origins and Solutions
Mary C. Lacy, PharmD
PGY-2 Health-System Pharmacy Administration Resident, Clinical Instructor
University of Illinois at Chicago
Part 2 is accredited for pharmacists | 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEU)
This is an independent program provided by ICHP.
Register online below. Registration deadline is Friday, February 16 at 9:00 am.
This program is free to ICHP members. However, those who do not attend and do not cancel at least 48 hours prior to the program will be charged $50 to cover expenses. Pre-registration is required. Please bring a copy of your email registration confirmation with you to the meeting.
Seating is limited to the first 45 people. Student seating will limited to the first 10 students.
Learning Objectives for Pharmacists:
1. Describe changes in opioid prescribing and the epidemiology of opioid-related harm in the United States.
2. Identify factors that have contributed to the increase in the prescribing of opioids.
3. Discuss the impact of pain management and patient satisfaction performance metrics on the utilization of opioids for the treatment of pain.
4. Recognize state and federal efforts to support the safe and effective treatment of pain while reducing the incidence of opioid abuse.
5. Identify ways pharmacists can reduce inappropriate opioid use and help combat the opioid epidemic.
The Illinois Council of Health System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE Universal Activity Number (UAN): 0121-9999-17-066-L01-P
1.0 Contact Hour (0.1 CEU) Type of Activity: Knowledge-based
Target Audience: Health-System Pharmacists
When registering for this program, you will be asked to provide your NABP eProfile ID# and Birthday (MMDD) when registering for this meeting. This information is required by any participants seeking CPE credit. Visit www.ichpnet.org/cpemonitor/ for information about CPE Monitor and how to obtain your NABP ID.