Print This Article
Call for Spring Meeting Presentation Proposals
Members of the Illinois Council of Health-System Pharmacists are invited to submit a proposal for the 2022 ICHP Spring Meeting, taking place March 11th and 12th at the Embassy Suites in East Peoria, IL.
- Reimbursement for pharmacy services, PBM reform
- Impact of COVID, vaccines and children; data on co-immunizations
- Infectious Diseases (antimicrobial stewardship, guideline updates, new drugs, vancomycin AUC, antimicrobial resistance)
- New Drugs (recently approved and pipeline drugs, especially including immunotherapies, monoclonal antibodies, and diabetes medications)
- COVID-19 Topics (impact of COVID, including non-clinical tropics, guideline updates, vaccines, long-COVID, MIS-C/A, new treatment options, pediatrics)
- Cardiology (heart failure guideline updates and new medications, hyperlipidemia)
- Biostatistics (critical evaluation of literature, biostats review)
- Anticoagulation (new data with DOACs, guideline updates, reversal agents)
- Pain Management (opioid stewardship, balancing opioid reduction with patients’ pain needs, pain management for specific clinical scenarios)
- Critical Care/Emergency Medicine (controversial topics, guideline updates, sedation and vasopressor support)
- Pharmacy Law (federal and state pharmacy law updates, PBM reform)
- Sterile Compounding (updates and status on USP chapters)
- Academia and Precepting (precepting in virtual environment, effective teaching and precepting techniques)
- Technician Topics (new drugs, pain management, vaccines, psychiatry, controlled substance tracking/diversion, sterile compounding)
- Diversity, inclusion, and belonging topics (can also be incorporated into any of the above topics)
- Pharmacy Management Topics (340B program updates, leadership skills, reimbursement for pharmacy services)
- Student topics (residency, career development)
The proposals must be submitted by Monday, August 30, 2021.
The ICHP Spring Meeting Planning Committee will review the proposals and notify the selected presentations/individuals in November. Presentation submittals not selected for this meeting will be retained and considered for future meetings.
If you have any questions, please contact the ICHP office at 815-227-9292.