When Vancomycin Isn't Enough: Treatment of Persistent MRSA BacteremiaFaculty
Ilya Rybakov, PharmD
Post-Graduate Year Two Infectious Diseases Pharmacy Resident
HSHS St. John's Hospital
5:00 pm - Registration
6:00 pm - CPE Program
7:00 pm - Dinner (on your own)Registration
. The cost for non-members to attend is $20. You may attend once as a non-member for free but thereafter must join ICHP as a member. However, those who do not attend and do not cancel within 48 hours of the program will be charged $20.00 to cover expenses. Members who attend the meeting will not be charged the fee. Please bring a copy of your registration verification form with you to the meeting. There is limited seating, so register early.Location
:Lake Pointe Grill
1386 Toronto Road
(217) 679-3900Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of this knowledge-based continuing pharmacy education activity, pharmacist participants should be able to:
1. List four factors attributed to worse clinical outcomes with vancomycin in persistent methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia.
2. Explain the rationale for vancomycin-based salvage regimens in persistent methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia.
3. Explain the rationale for daptomycin-based salvage regimens in persistent methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia.
4. Describe the clinical significance of two ongoing, randomized, clinical trials for combination therapy in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia.
At the conclusion of this knowledge-based continuing pharmacy education activity, pharmacy technician participants should be able to:
1. List intravenous antibiotics with therapeutic activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
2. Recognize brand names of intravenous antibiotics with therapeutic activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
3. List diluents compatible with intravenous antibiotics that have therapeutic activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
ACPE UANs 0121-0000-18-087-L01-P & 0121-0000-18-087-L01-T
1.0 Contact Hour (0.1 CEU) Type of Activity: Knowledge-based
The Illinois Council of Health System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This activity provides 1.0 contact hours (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credit.
To receive your CPE credit, you will need to complete the online evaluation forms at www.CESally.com
and then your credit will automatically be reported to CPE Monitor. Information on accessing the online evaluation system will be provided at the meeting.Target Audience
: This knowledge-based activity was developed for Health-System Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians.
PTCB requires CPhTs to earn only pharmacy technician-specific (‘T-specific’) credit to qualify for recertification. In addition, PTCB allows 5 hours of in-service training, however, no inservice training will qualify for CE starting in 2018. Please advise all pharmacy technicians at your site of these requirements. CPE Monitor:
When registering for this program, you will be asked to provide your NABP e-Provile ID # and Birthday. This information will be required by any participants seeking CPE credit. Visit www.ichpnet.org/cpemonitor/ for information about CPE Monitor and how to obtain your NABP ID.