Managing Postoperative Pain in Chronic Opioid UsersFaculty
Zachary Rosenfeldt, Pharm.D.
PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Resident
Memorial Medical Center
5:00 pm - Registration
6:00 pm - CPE Program
7:00 pm - Dinner on your ownRegistration
. There is no fee for ICHP members to attend this activity. Non-members who would like to earn CPE credit will be charged $20. There is no fee for non-members who do not want to earn CPE credit. Participants will be required to sign in at the start of the program.Location
PAO Bistro (Pacific Coast Cuisine)
2824 Plaza Drive
Springfield, IL 62704
At the conclusion of this knowledge-based continuing pharmacy education activity, pharmacist participants should be able to:
1. Identify an appropriate postoperative pain control regimen for an opioid tolerant patient.
2. Recognize the place in therapy and utility of non-opioid pain regimens for a postoperative patient with a history of chronic analgesia use.
3. State the strategy for controlling acute postoperative pain for patients on opioid use disorder recovery regimens.
4. Outline a plan for transitioning pain control from the acute postoperative timeframe towards outpatient control.
At the conclusion of this knowledge-based continuing pharmacy education activity, pharmacy technician participants should be able to:
1. Explain opioids with respect to their relative potencies.
2. Name the opioid medications utilized for treatment of opioid use disorder.
3. Describe how opioid use disorder medication therapies differ from traditional opioid medications.
4. Name non-opioid analgesic options and describe how they are utilized in the postoperative pain setting.
ACPE # 0121-0000-16-092-L01-P & 0121-0000-16-092-L01-T
1.0 Contact Hour (0.1 CEU) Type of Activity: Knowledge
The Illinois Council of Health System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This activity provides 1 contact hour (0.1 CEU) of continuing pharmacy education credit.
Attendees must complete a program evaluation online at www.CESally.com
: This knowledge-based activity was developed for Health-System Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians.NEW
- PTCB requires CPhTs to earn only pharmacy technician-specific (‘T-specific’) credit to qualify for recertification. As of January 1, 2015, ALL CPE credit earned must be T-specific. In addition, PTCB will reduce the number of allowable CPE hours earned through in-service training from 10 to 5. Please advise all pharmacy technicians at your site of this change. CPE Monitor:
When registering for this program, you will be required to provide your NABP e-Provile ID # and Birthday. This information will be required by any participants seeking CPE credit. Visit www.ichpnet.org/cpemonitor/ for information about CPE Monitor and how to obtain your NABP ID.